Zomedica Sets March 30, 2021 as Expected Commercialization Date for TRUFORMA™
Protected by approximately 70 issued and pending patents, the TRUFORMA platform uses Bulk Acoustic Wave (“BAW”) technology, developed by Qorvo (NASDAQ: QRVO), to provide a non-optical and fluorescence-free detection system for use at the point-of-care. BAW technology, also used in cell phones and in the world’s most advanced radar and communications systems, is an extremely reliable and precise technology.
“It certainly is a pleasure to be able to deliver such good news for our shareholders, employees, partners and, especially, the veterinarians whom we serve,” commented
The diagnostics segment of the global companion animal market is expected to reach
- The combined dynamic range of the canine and feline TRUFORMA TSH assay is 0.008-10.0 ng/mL compared to the Siemens IMMULITE® Canine TSH assay dynamic range of 0.03-12 ng/mL. This assay will enable quantification of samples with low levels of TSH, which is necessary to discriminate normal and hyperthyroid feline samples. Verification data comparing the canine TRUFORMA TSH assay to the Siemens IMMULITE Canine TSH assay showed high correlation (R=0.99). A feline-optimized TSH assay is not commercially available.
- The combined dynamic range of the canine and feline TRUFORMA tT4 assay is 0.45-30.0 µg/dL compared to the Siemens IMMULITE tT4 assay dynamic range of 0.5-15 µg/dL. Verification data comparing the canine and feline TRUFORMA tT4 assay to the Siemens IMMULITE Canine tT4 reference lab assay showed high correlation (R=0.94).
- The dynamic range of the canine TRUFORMA fT4 assay is 7.4-77.2 pmol/L compared to the Siemens IMMULITE Veterinary Free T4 assay dynamic range of 3.9-77.2 pmol/L. Verification data comparing the canine TRUFORMA fT4 assay to the Siemens IMMULITE Veterinary Free T4 reference lab assay showed high correlation (R=0.92). We believe that this will be the first fT4 assay available at the point-of-care.
- The dynamic range of the canine TRUFORMA cortisol assay is 0.35-24.0 µg/dL compared to the Siemens IMMULITE Cortisol assay dynamic range of 1-50 µg/dL. Verification data comparing the canine TRUFORMA cortisol assay to the Siemens IMMULITE Cortisol reference lab assay showed high correlation (R=0.97).
- The feasibility and design phases of the TRUFORMA ACTH assay have been completed, with verification expected to begin in the near future.
- Email Alerts: http://investors.zomedica.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/zomedica
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zomedica/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/zomedica
Except for statements of historical fact, this news release contains certain "forward-looking information" or “forward-looking statements” (collectively, “forward-looking information”) within the meaning of applicable securities law. Forward-looking information is frequently characterized by words such as "plan", "expect", "project", "intend", "believe", "anticipate", "estimate" and other similar words, or statements that certain events or conditions "may" or "will" occur and include statements relating to our expectations regarding the public offering. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking information are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. We cannot guarantee future results, performance or achievements. Consequently, there is no representation that the actual results achieved will be the same, in whole or in part, as those set out in the forward-looking information.
Forward-looking information is based on the opinions and estimates of management at the date the statements are made and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual events or results to differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking information. Some of the risks and other factors that could cause the results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking information include, but are not limited to: uncertainty as to whether our strategies and business plans will yield the expected benefits; uncertainty as to the timing and results of development work and verification and validation studies; uncertainty as to the timing and results of commercialization efforts; uncertainty as to our ability to supply equipment and assays in response to customer demand; uncertainty as to the likelihood and timing of any required regulatory approvals, availability and cost of capital; the ability to identify and develop and achieve commercial success for new products and technologies; veterinary acceptance of our products; competition from related products; the level of expenditures necessary to maintain and improve the quality of products and services; changes in technology and changes in laws and regulations; our ability to secure and maintain strategic relationships; performance by our strategic partners of our obligations under our commercial agreements, including product manufacturing obligations; risks pertaining to permits and licensing, intellectual property infringement risks, risks relating to any required clinical trials and regulatory approvals, risks relating to the safety and efficacy of our products, the use of our products, intellectual property protection, risks related to the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact upon our business operations generally, including our ability to develop and commercialize our products, and the other risk factors disclosed in our filings with the
The forward-looking information contained in this news release is expressly qualified by this cautionary statement. We undertake no duty to update any of the forward-looking information to conform such information to actual results or to changes in our expectations except as otherwise required by applicable securities legislation. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking information.
Investor Relations Contact:
Source: Zomedica Corp.